Effortless Gent helps men take an honest approach to personal style. We want guys everywhere to find confidence through their clothing and enjoy the process of building a wardrobe.
We believe caring for your appearance opens doors to new and better opportunities, and that every man should be proud of what he wears and how he presents himself.
In 2015, Effortless Gent began expanding its content into lifestyle categories, believing that style should be inherent not only in how we dress, but also how we live, eat, drink, and travel.
Effortless Gent is currently accepting applications for style and lifestyle contributors.
As a style and/or lifestyle contributor, your main task will be to write articles that embody EG’s ideals of dressing well, eating and drinking well, traveling in style, and in general, living well.
- you enjoy writing, specifically about men’s style, lifestyle, and interests
- you’re interested in some / all of the following: men’s style (formal and sportswear), travel, food, wine and cocktails, cigars, home and office decor, all matters of being a gentleman, living a pleasurable and fulfilling life.
- you understand Effortless Gent’s voice and write in a similar tone
- you’re a storyteller who can weave engaging, relaxed, conversational prose around an informative style lesson or product / lifestyle suggestion
- you can clearly and concisely explain to a reader why they should care about whatever you’re telling them
- you practice what you preach, are a stylish individual, and live a stylish life, whatever your definition of “stylish” happens to be
- producing, at minimum, one article a month
- pitching your ideas, developing the hook, writing the final article
- finding supporting images / media and properly citing them
- uploading content to Google Drive or WordPress for review and scheduling by our editor
- experience with WordPress
- experience using the Google suite of products (Drive, Docs)
- basic Photoshop experience in order to save for web, resize, crop
- comfortable using Slack (it’s super easy and fun to communicate with)
- great communication skills (both written and verbal)
- exceptional eye for detail
- experience with SEO writing best practices
- excellent proofreading skills
(Typical monthly flow will look something like this)
- You will pitch your ideas or propose the next article in a series you’re working on
- You and our editor will land on a publish date
- Two weeks before publish date: upload final version including links and images to Google Doc (or WordPress if we provide you a login)
- One week before publish date: work through any final changes with editor and get final sign-off
- Post-publish: pitch ideas for next article, schedule a publish date, etc.
- You’re paid per article
- You can work from anywhere (If you’re based in NYC, LA, or SF, that’s a plus, but not necessary)
- Set your own hours (because you’re efficient and meet deadlines like a pro)
- Be part of an exciting, growing brand and small but flexible team
- Your work will be seen by hundreds of thousands of engaged readers