Whether you’re just starting off, or you’re a long-time reader here at EG, welcome. I created this resource to make navigating through the site a bit easier.
At EG, we’re all about classic, timeless style that won’t seem dated when you look at old photos of yourself ten years from now. We understand you’re a man and don’t care to spend too much time or money on clothing, so we focus on the most important ideas when building your personal style. We stress buying quality over quantity when possible, because quality products last and you’ll get years of use from them.
We also think style is personal and what you make of it. Ultimately, you want to enjoy what you’re wearing and how you present yourself.
EG is the place where you learn what your options are, and how to finally put together something awesome.
Join Us at EG
The best way to stay on top of new articles published here is to subscribe to our list. You’ll get the best tips, advice, alternatives, and ideas which make this whole “personal style” thing effortless. You’ll also be the first to know about new developments and members-only offers.
Simply enter your email below.
Ready to up your style game 1000%?
The Effortless Guide to Graduating Your Style is the manual for you. GYS is a 57-page guide that lays out a detailed, step-by-step plan for reinventing your wardrobe from the ground up.
If you’re looking for that kick-start, that all-in-one solution to improve your style and your life, this is the guide for you.
Younger gent looking to improve your wardrobe on a tight budget?
A Young Man’s Guide to Dressing Like a Grownup (Without Breaking the Bank) was written for you.
The advice of “buy less but better” doesn’t always work when you’re just starting out. Quality is expensive. Therefore, I urge you to focus on FIT. A well-fitting $200 suit will look better than a $2000 suit that is ill-fitting.
Our Most Useful Articles
We have written over 300 articles, and though you’re welcome to browse at your leisure, I wanted to point out a select few I find to be the most important to get started on the right foot, or even as a refresher if you’re a long-time reader.
- Why you should take the time to find your own personal style
- My take on style vs fashion, the differences, and why you should care
- The evolution of fashion (or why classic style is the best style)
- The one thing you need to do to set yourself apart from every other guy
- Do It Anyway: Improving yourself and dealing with those who don’t understand
Quality Over Quantity
- Why it’s good to spend money on quality
- When to spend vs. when to save
- Splurge-worthy: How to make the final decision on a big purchase
- Sartorial Evaluation: How to look stylish in your 40s and beyond
- On getting rid of clothes
- Three Fs to consider when shopping for new clothing
- The one thing every man MUST HAVE in his closet
- Use high/low styling to your advantage
Care and Customization
Keep in touch and join in on the conversation
We have an active community of well-dressed dudes here on EG, and what better way to stay connected than through Twitter and Facebook?
I look at EG as a catalyst to start conversations about personal style, quality clothing, and the way both fit into our everyday lives. I love hearing from readers in the comments, where good conversation often happens.
Don’t hesitate to contribute your (constructive) thoughts and opinions to each article; it can only help give dimension to the topics we discuss.
Feel free to contact us if you have questions, suggestions, praise, or just want to say hi.