Every once in a while, I like to check in on you guys, my readers.
Here’s what things look like from my perspective. I write something, publish it, and then (other than the comments each article gets)… radio silence. I have no idea if I’m on the right track, if the content you’re reading is valuable to you, etc.
I mean, I have some idea. I do read the comments obviously, and I field questions on our Facebook page every once in a while. I also receive a ton of email with questions and requests for article topics, which is very helpful.
Two years in, and I have a better idea of the direction of this site, the content that’s most helpful to you, and what exactly it is you are looking for.
Opening up the floor
But! Nothing is better than real feedback, right? I can assume everything’s grand, but, what if it’s not? What if I’m completely wrong? (Not usually the case, but still.)
This is your opportunity to REALLY let me know what it is you’d like from this site. Here are some places you could start:
- what do you have burning questions about, and are just waiting for me to write articles on them?
- what have you read on here that was helpful, but still need more info about? Give me specifics
- how is the site layout? Is it easy to read? To navigate? If you need to find old articles, do you have an easy time doing that?
- I know the mission and direction of the site, and what message I hope comes across. But if you had to sum it up, what do YOU think this site is about?
Ways to chat and stay in touch
Here are other actions you can take:
- Get on our list. The folks who subscribe to EG get post updates delivered to them directly (no more visiting a pesky website!) and on top of that, will have first access to deals and exclusive content as I get them. The list is THE place to be, definitely, so get on it.
- Join the conversation on Facebook. It’s nice having a community on there where it’s easy to exchange thoughts, information, and ideas. Plus, who ISN’T on Facebook, right?
- Tweet with us. Twitter is the other tool I use most to chat with the EG community. If you have a quick question or comment, you can always contact me there and I answer fairly quickly (or try to, at least).
I try to make it as easy as possible to get in contact with me. At the same time, since I do receive a lot of emails / tweets / FB comments / site comments, hopefully you’ll understand if I can’t answer instantly, but I always intend to answer everyone.
Thanks for your support
Honestly, this site wouldn’t be around if it weren’t for you guys. Each question, comment, and request has helped shape this site, and it’s becoming quite the resource for those looking to get a hold of their wardrobe, class things up a bit, inject their own personal style into what they wear, and find classic pieces that are meant to last years instead of just one season.
I’m looking forward to hearing how else I can help. Please let me know in the comments below, and use the outline a few paragraphs above to help guide you.
And some announcements
Jack has arrived: Fifth&Brannan’s trouser denim
Not only are we stocked up on new ties, a bow tie, and our usual array of pocket squares, but we have a bunch of new shirting on pre-sale right now (till 3/16, so act fast), and our latest release, Jack!
Jack is our interpretation of a dressier denim. The Fifth&Brannan man loves his jeans, but he also loves to get cleaned up and look sharp. He can throw on this pair of denim and dress it up or down, it will always look good.
One thing that really makes Jack special is that when you order, it is made especially for you. You pick your exact size (we have practically every size combination), and one craftsman from our denim shop (not a whole factory) will be making it from start to finish.
There’s a more detailed description of the denim, its availability, and our made-to-order service on the Fifth&Brannan site. Check it out!
Oh, wait, what was that? Did you ask what’s Fifth&Brannan? Sorry about that, sometimes I forget not everyone knows the story.
And in case you were wondering, yup, every purchase you make from the Shop supports EG.
The first EG Guide is coming very soon!
I mentioned something about a guide here and there in previous posts, but I’m happy to say I’m almost finished with it.
It’s titled “The Effortless Guide to Graduating Your Style”, and is written for those who are looking to re-invent their wardrobe from the ground up. It’s filled with tips and suggestions that will guide you through the whole process:
- from evaluating every item you currently have,
- deciding what’s worth keeping and what needs to go,
- how to stock your closet with the basics and wardrobe essentials,
- and finally, how to put individual items together into an outfit based on the type of event you’re attending, or the activity you have planned for the day.
I’ve had a few people check it out and thankfully it’s getting great reviews!
I’ll have launch dates soon,
but I’m also looking for early reviewers that would like to get their hands on a copy before anyone else at a discounted price. Bummer! You missed early access. But get on EG’s regular mailing list for more info soon (and never miss a new post, as well). You can sign up here.
That’s all, folks!
I’m looking forward to hearing your feedback about EG and how it can be more useful / helpful to you. I also hope a lot of you sign up to check out the guide. I spent a lot of late nights working on it and I think it’s pretty damn useful (and slick), but hey, maybe I’m biased.
Till next time!